I obtained The Only Cin’s permission to use her list, and then added some “I’s” of my own to total the ripe, round figure of fifty.
1. I am: Many things, but mostly a misfit of sorts – as my blog tag line says, “I’m the piece of the puzzle that just doesn’t quite fit”…
2. I have: A celebrity crush on David Tennant
3. I know: That Albert Einstein was right when he said “Imagination is more important than Knowledge”.
4. I think: That I’m a failure sometimes and it gets me down.
5. I don’t think: Before I speak sometimes and it often lands me in hot water.
6. I want: To tango in the streets of Argentina with a mysterious stranger.
7. I have: Learnt that gossip is the most powerfully destructive force in the world.
8. I like: Being inspired.
9. I dislike: Hanging up the Laundry. I have no qualms with taking it down though…
10. I hate: Having Writer’s Block.
11. I dream: Of the day when all the demons of my past will be dealt with and that I will be idyllically happy.
12. I fear: Death by drowning or fire.
13. I am annoyed: By people who underestimate my intelligence.
14. I crave: The simple pleasures in life like snuggling under the covers with a good book on a rainy Sunday, or a hot candle-lit, bubble bath.
15. I usually: Smile politely and change the subject when someone asks me a question I don’t want to answer.
16. I search: For answers all the time, and for my car keys almost every morning because I never put them in the same place twice.
17. I hide: Behind comedy and laughter when something is bothering me.
18. I wonder: Where I’ll be 10 years from now.
19. I know: There are good things in store for me.
20. I just can’t help: Feeling like a pawn in a Cosmic chess game sometimes.
21. I regret: Many things, but without them I wouldn’t be the person I am today.
22. I love: My Mom and Stepfather more than my own life.
23. I miss: My sanity sometimes!
24. I can’t live without: My family, friends, red wine, Jack Daniels, my cell phone and my vivid imagination.
25. I try to: Remember that there is always someone worse off than I am.
26. I enjoy: British television, particularly Dr. Who. And I love Bones!
27. I don’t care: Much for people who think they are better than others.
28. I always: Try to be a better person.
29. I often: Tend to value other people’s opinions of me too much.
30. I never want to: Turn out like my real father.
31. I take: The road less traveled whenever I can.
32. I rely on: Other people way too much.
33. I believe: That there is no such thing as co-incidence, but I do believe in Destiny and more recently, Love at First Sight.
34. I dance: Like a princess.
35. I sing: Like a cat in heat, so I hum instead.
36. I argue: With fervour, and even though I may be right in some instances, I am quick to apologise. I don’t handle tense atmospheres well.
37. I want: A tyre-swing suspended from a weeping Willow tree in the garden of my own home one day.
38. I write: Because I am passionate about it and because it calms my soul.
39. I win: At Blackjack, Roulette and Casino Hold ‘Em Poker most days.
40. I lose: At Texas Hold ‘Em Poker all the time – I apparently have a face like an ATM.
41. I wish: I had more time to read and the resources to travel abroad.
42. I listen: To the voices in my head having a debate and I can’t help but smile.
43. I don’t understand: Why I had to learn the Pythagorean Theorem at school. I have never used it!
44. I’m scared of: See 30 above.
45. I forget: Unimportant things.
46. I thrive: On intellectual conversation.
47. I need: To have the music on in my car whenever I travel without company, regardless of the distance.
48. I make: A damn fine three-cheese lasagne.
49. I find: Inspiration in the strangest places sometimes.
50. I am happy: To be healthy, cared for and loved.