…with friends is just what the doctor ordered.

BUT, before I get to that:

A concerned friend who knows that I’m the blogger behind this blog called me up yesterday wanting to know WTF is up with me regarding my smutty post yesterday – because it has been over two years since I have written something raunchy; she even said she thinks I should delete the post because it might taint readers’ opinion of me.  I told her that my blog reflects who I am, at the time I’m in. I told her that if any of my readers found it (or anything else I write) offensive, they should leave a comment and I will use it as constructive criticism – and watch my P’s and Q’s in the future as a result, but if they don’t say anything, I am none the wiser…but just in case – if any of you that read my blog found my Sensual Shower (PG 18) post of yesterday sordid, offensive, shallow or dirty, then I do apologise.

I went through to George today to meet Mary and her hubby Mark for lunch at a local coffee shop.  Mary is 7 months pregnant (her due date is the 22nd of March) and it really agrees with her.  I’ve heard people often say that pregnant women are radiant – well it is definitely true in this case.  Mark is walking around with his chest puffed out too because the little man is the first born.  Dad is due home a week from today – I hope that his flight arrives early because Mary has asked me if I would like to go with her to her 31-week scan, which I really would like to do.  I have seen the first scan on their DVD and heard the baby’s heartbeat.  I’m seldom speechless, but I was then.  It was really kind of her to offer.   Anyhow, before I get too emotional…

From there I headed off to the farm to have a cup of coffee with Jenna who has been begging me for weeks pop round.  She and Linda in accounts are both taking tremendous strain – Linda got me alone for about 15 minutes and bawled her eyes out.  My heart went out to her, because I genuinely know how she feels.  Jenna says that she too has shed a few tears the past few weeks, but in spite of that, she is up for a G.N.O – the sooner the better.  I told her it would have to wait ’til after the cruise, so she has made me promise that it will be an entire night out – and that I will crash in her spare bedroom.  What ever am I letting myself in for?

The girls in the packhouse were very glad to see me – all smiles and hugs for the New Year.  They sang for me, which made my heart melt and left me with a huge lump in my throat.  I don’t miss the job, but I miss some of the people.

The Quality Controller in the packhouse was keen to tell me that her little one is crawling already and that when she has a cellphone that can take photos, she will send me one.

On the subject of cell phone photos – I popped down to Herold’s Bay on my way home, intent on taking photos to post here, but clever clogs here forgot to charge her phone last night, so the battery croaked before any photos could be taken.  Oh well, I will just have to go back there sometime, won’t I?

Rachel popped round for a cup of coffee and brought me a gorgeous bookmark – made out of a teaspoon!  I will take a pic of it and post – once the phone is charged.

Uncle Barry and Aunty Carol came to dinner on my invitation.  I made a three-cheese macaroni cheese, which turned out to be a winner!  I made enough for mom and I to be able to have some for lunch tomorrow, but it is all finished.  At least my cooking skills are not too shabby, but I’ll admit I’m not a gourmet…yet.

I’m still working on the text installment for my Writer’s Course, and hopefully it will be ready by the end of the weekend.  I have also asked my tutor to look at some of my creative writing pieces here, to assist me with adjusting my writing style because blogging and novel-writing are vastly different.  She initially referred to my writing as “lyrical” and asked if I have ever written songs – so I am trying to move away from that, and writing different kinds of things is the only way I will eventually get it perfect – I have set my mind to pass this course with distinction (although cum laude would be even better.)

On other subjects:

My pre-cruise tan is coming along nicely.  I’m hoping to catch some more sun tomorrow morning, because the dress I’m wearing to the Captain’s Gala Dinner is off shoulder.

I’m hoping to make a substantial dent in my latest James Patterson novel, Don’t Blink.

Poor Elizabeth is working herself to death, but she is coming here on Saturday night to relax a bit and for me to colour her hair.  Little does she know that I need a shoulder too – part of me has been feeling very lost again 😦

Right, I’m heading off to drink my anti-mental pill and get some sleep.  All the excitement has tuckered me out.  Tomorrow is a new day, with new hope and promise.  I’m going to take it one step at a time…

Night Y’all, sleep tight ‘n sweet dreams.

4 thoughts on “Reconnecting…

  1. Cindy January 14, 2011 / 7:41 am

    Baby steps is best for healing (hug).

    • Mid-Thirty Misfit January 14, 2011 / 10:19 am

      Thank you Cin. Elizabeth has confirmed that she will be here tomorrow – I have three bottles of wine at the ready…

  2. granny1947 January 14, 2011 / 11:34 am

    Hello MTM…sorry you are on a bit of a downer…stick around with people who lift you up!!!

    • Mid-Thirty Misfit January 14, 2011 / 2:06 pm

      Hi Granny, I have been expecting this to happen because for the first six weeks on the meds I have felt nothing, so this is a sign that they are absorbed – now I have to monitor how long I feel down, and how long it takes to get out of the downer and how long I’m up again…this will determine how long i will eventually be on them after the required six month stint is over.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s